Sansha City Hainan Island
Sansha City Hainan Island, the youngest prefecture-level city of China from 2012.
Approved on June 21, 2012, by the State Council of China, Sansha was founded on July 24, 2012, as the youngest prefecture-level city of China with a land area only 4 square miles (10 square kilometers), the smallest in China. The city government is based on Woody Island or Yongxingdao, covering about 2 square kilometers (494 acres).
Following is basic facts about Sansha Hainan Island:
Population: 2550 ( updated by the Chinese government in 2018)
Land Area: 4 square miles (10 square kilometers), the smallest among 293 prefecture-level cities of China.
Sea Area: 770,000 square miles (2 million square kilometers), bigger than any other city or provinces of China
The city government is based on Yongxing Island covering about 2 square kilometers (494 acres). Beijing Road, which is about 200 meters long is the center area with a Post office, a bank, small shops, one small supermarket, and 4 hospitals.
The climate/weather of Sansha City Hainan Island:
The climate in Sansha is tropical marine, hot and humid all year-round. The annual average temperature is around 28.8 C for Nansha Islands with almost no temperature differences in the whole year. There are 2 seasons: the Raining season is June till October, also typhoon seas and the dry season is November till March.
- Visa Waiver/Visa-Free Policy & Procedures to Hainan Island
- How to reach Hainan Island from Mainland China
- Explore Hainan Island by Bulletin Train, Bus & Taxi
- History of Hainan Island China
- Best Tropical Fruits to Taste on Hainan Island
- Hainan Land Excursions/Land Tours in Sanya
- Hainan Island Travel Packages
- Golfing Packages on Hainan Island
- Local People & Their Spoken Languages on Hainan Island
- Hainan Island Local Culture & Special Festivals
- Cuisines: Best Seafood in China
- The most popular beaches on Hainan Island
- Travel to Hainan Island by Trains
- Sanya Hainan Island Yacht Rental/Rent a sailing boat in Sanya/Sanya Sailing Packages
- Car Rental Services on Hainan Island