Hainan Island China Visa Waiver Policy/Hainan 30-Day Visa Free Policy

Based on Hainan Island China as an authorized Travel Agency, we offer Hainan Island China Visa Waiver/Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free , we have updated information on Hainan Island China Visa Waiver, Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free Policy, and procedures to apply for Hainan Island China Visa Waiver/Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free

Starting from May 1, 2018. visitor(s) from 59 countries enjoy visa waiver /30-Day Visa Free to visit Hainan Island for up to 30 days’ stay in Hainan.

We are a registered travel agency to process Hainan Visa Waiver or Hainan Visa Free/Hainan 30-day visa free for travelers from 59 countries. We have got hundreds of emails about Hainan Island Visa Waiver. It happened many times that some guests were rejected at Sanya or Haikou Airport as they showed up with their passports. Visa Waiver or Visa free doesn’t mean that travelers from the following 59 countries can show up with their passports. All visitors must make the arrangement with a Hainan Registered Travel Agency including www.sunnyhainan.com.

To benefit from this policy, tourist(s) must book their travel schedule with qualified travel agencies in Hainan Island like Hainan Joy Tours  & Travel Service Limited, the owner of www.sunnyhainan.com. 

To make it clear, we have worked out the following steps for visitors to follow:

Documents to process visa waiver by a local tour operator.

1. Passports copies of all passengers from below 59 countries:

Russia, UK, French, Germany, Norway, Ukraine, Italy, Austria, Finland, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Belgium, Czech, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Rumania, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Republic of Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, US, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, Philippines, Indonesia, Brunei, United Arab Emirates, Katar, Monaco, The Republic of Belarus.

2. Your round-trip flight details

Make sure you book a direct flight to Hainan Island either to Haikou or Sanya airport from overseas including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. If you book a transit flight via any city on mainland China, then you must apply for a China visa in advance. It is the same for your return flight. All passengers must fly out from Haikou or Sanya Airport to overseas including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, not by transit flight via any city on Mainland China.

Cruise visitors to Hainan Island can also apply for visa waiver with a local tour operator for day tours on Hainan Island, the terminals include Haikou Xiuying Pier & Sanya Phoenix Island International Cruise terminal.

3. Your hotel booking information

Information including check-in/out dates, hotel name and address if you have non-refundable bookings or let us know your preferred hotel, we will make a booking for you.

If you stay in a family house or a friend place, we need to have their address in Chinese and local contact person with a phone number. And you must register with a local police office within 24 hours upon arrival.

Traveling to Mainland China with Hainan Visa Waiver:

Please note visitors entering Hainan Island with visa waiver policy can’t travel to Mainland China, but stay only on Hainan Island, for up to 30 days.

There is no request on a number of travelers, so a single traveler can also enter Hainan Island with visa waiver while booking his/her stay with the authorized local tour operator like Hainan Joy Tours & Travel Service Limited, the owner of www.sunnyhainan.com.

Frequently Asked Questions Hainan Visa Waiver Policy and our answers:

Question: Is my Visa for China valid for Hainan Island?

Answer: Yes. Hainan Island is part of China, so your China is also valid for Hainan Island. For example, you got a single entry visa to China and entered China via Beijing. From Beijing, you could fly to Hainan Island, you are not requested to apply for another visa. After your Hainan trip, you are ok to travel back to Mainland China, no ask for a visa.

Question: Can I just show up with my passport after booking my hotel &flight on my own?

Answer: No, the visa waiver doesn’t mean you can just show up, but to make booking with your local tour operator who arranges your visa waiver with the local visa office.

Question: Can I visit Mainland China if I enter Hainan Island under a visa waiver.

Answer: NO, not possible. And you can’t apply visa to visit Mainland China with your visa waiver.

Question: Can I stay in a friend house/apartment, or I must stay in a hotel?

Answer: Yes, you can stay in a family house or a friend place, but your local tour operator should have their address in Chinese and local contact person with a phone number. And you must register with a local police office within 24 hours upon arrival.

Question: How much shall I pay for the visa waiver?

Answer: You pay service charge with your tour package including hotels, airport transfers & local tours.

Question: Can I ask for a visa waiver from a local tour operator if I have booked all my flights & hotels?

Answer: Yes, but you must book airport roundtrip transfers with your local tour operator to have the visa waiver service from them. And you need to email them all your booking information to double-check that you have booked the right flights.

Question: Can I come alone or do I have to join a group?

Answer: Yes, you can come alone, no request to join a group.

Question: When should I apply?

Answer: Your local tour operator should apply at least 48 hours in advance, so you have plan at least 2 days in advance so to have enough time to discuss the details of your travel plan with your local tour operator.

Question: Can I change my travel plan after my agency submitting the schedule?

Answer: yes, possible to change your arrival, departure date, flight details, and hotel information, but you must tell your local tour operator min. 48 hours before your flight arrival time.

Question: Can I change my travel plan including hotel to stay and travel days after arrival?

Answer: Yes, it is possible, but you are requested to tell your tour operator 24 hours in advance.

Question: How can I know that I have the visa waiver?

Answer: Once you arrange your schedule with Hainan registered travel agency www.sunnyhainan.com, they will email you 2 forms in Chinese only with your passport details, and flight information.

A sample is found below:

Hainan Visa Waiver Policy
Hainan Island Visa Waiver

Question: What to do after I get the visa waiver?

Please print out the visa waiver forms and keep them with your hotel & flight bookings. You may need to present them for flight check in. Upon arrival at Airport, no documents are requested for immigration, you just go through the immigration counter with your passports. On departure day, no documents are requested from your side.


  1. NEVER travel to Mainland China with visa waiver.
  2. If you need to change your travel plan before arrival or during your stay including hotel name, travel days, flight numbers or airports please let us know min. 48 hours in advance.
  3. You must register with your hotel upon check in as per the visa waiver form.
  4. If you stay in a local house, you must register with local police office within 24 hours upon arrival.

For pick up upon arrival, our driver will meet you at Sanya Airport  by holding a signage with your name. In case, you can’t find our driver, please don’t go with other drivers or by local taxi, but give us a call at + 86-13807530977.

For the transfer back to the airport, pick up time is normally 2.5-3 hours before your flight departure time, depending on your hotel location. If you can’t find our driver, please give us a call. at + 86-13807530977.

Authorized Travel Agency for Hainan Island China Visa Waiver/ Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free. Hainan Island China Visa Waiver/Hainan 30-Day Visa-Free Policy


anna mc kinnon
July 29, 2018
alloeverything is alright but what if i want to live with a friend who has an apartment in sanya ?secondly what if i am a travel agent in england and I can get special cheap hotel prices when i book through the travel agents channels ?what if i book hotels through hainan travel tour operator and I dont stay in that hotel after I arrive in sanya ??please answer those questionsthanksanna
    Sunny Sanya Team
    September 17, 2018
    Yes, you can book a cheap hotel, but you must stay in the hotel you will book, not just book a hotel for visa waiver and stay in another place. OR when you apply, just let us know the address of your friend apartment with her/his contact information, then it is ok, but within 24 hours upon arrival, you need to register in a local police office with your passport.
Jessica Tan
August 5, 2018
I'm from Malaysia ,i already book air ticket to haikou china on september around 4 persons .we coming for visit our relative there.and because I hear no need visa we coming to visit uncle at haikouhainan china. But now i hear if going private need visa.can i know if i book the hotel there and join the day trip there can i still need visa.
    Sunny Sanya Team
    September 17, 2018
    Hi Jessica, thank you for your question. Yes, we can arrange visa waiver for you even if you visit relvatives and stay in a local house. But you need to arrange with us in advance.
August 16, 2018
We are arriving by cruise ship to Sanya, do we qualify for visa waiver if we book our tour with you?
    Sunny Sanya Team
    September 17, 2018
    Yes, we can arrange visa waiver for passengers arrival by flights at Haikou & Sanya Airport ,or Haikou & Sanya Cruise Port.

Leave a Reply

Note: Comments on the web site reflect the views of their authors, and not necessarily the views of www.sunnyhainan.com. Requested to refrain from insults, swearing and vulgar expression. We reserve the right to delete any comment without notice explanations.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are signed with *